26th April 2021
In view of the current situation where teaching and learning are taking place remotely, there will be no end of Key Stage Three examinations in Year 9. Instead, we will have hourly controlled assignments in all subjects next week. There will be no formal timetable for these assignments.
The subject teachers will choose and communicate to the students their respective assignment hour as per the normal teaching timetable. We do however require the students to know that being controlled assignments, they will be expected to:
* Start the assignment at a specified time that will be communicated by the subject teacher.
* Finish the assignment at the time communicated by the subject teacher
* Use their own resources during the allocated times i.e. refer to notes, textbooks or even the internet. ( Student work, however must be original)
* Have their cameras on throughout the time they are doing the assignment
* Submit their assignments at the end of the hour and not later
* Wait for the subject teacher to confirm that they have submitted and be allowed to leave the class.
Because we wish the assignments to be as controlled as possible, it should be noted that submission of work will not be accepted and marked after the end of the lesson unless parents communicate with us.
We look forward to your support in ensuring that all the students are set up properly in accordance with our Remote Teaching and Learning Policy as they undertake these controlled assignments.
Examination Protocols for Years 11,12 and 13 :
Please click the relevant links below for guidance related to Examinations for the series May June 2021. These letters were sent out last week.
A Level Protocols for Students
IGCSE Protocols for Students